Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So far...

...so good.

Today is our official first day of trial homeschooling.  Really, I'd say it's been a success.  I am so thankful that I have a peace. It has assured me through out the morning that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing.

My homeschooling-mother-friend gave me a word of advice two days ago.  Interestingly, the subject had, in fact, been on my mind.  "How do you manage the younger children while teaching the older ones?"  My friend told me that she has learned that investing ten to fifteen minutes with the little ones at the very beginning of the day helps fill them up with attention and love, so that it eases the weight of your divided attention the rest of the day.

That advice was very helpful and I did hone in on our one year old in order to make sure I was extra sensitive to his needs.  As unfair as it may be, if he is not happy, we all tend to suffer.  It turned out that balancing school with the older ones and attempting to entertain a toddler was the most challenging aspect to our day. 

Overall, I am pleased and look forward in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment